Friday, May 27, 2022

Vacation

Vacation. Let's see: * Middle English = vacacioun * Stemming from Anglo-French vacacion * Borrowed from Latin = vacātiōn
"exemption from service, respite from work
and then there's:
"to be empty, be free, have leisure
So I have 5 days off. Consequatively. Sort of impromptu. I had vacation days I needed to use up. So, Friday 5/21 I decide (and was granted) a bunch of 1/2 days and full days leading up to this Friday: 5/27 where I have Friday, (Saturday, Sunday), Monday (holiday), and Tuesday off. What do I do with myself?! (And my son!) To start, I made delicious "ancient grains" pancakes. Delicious. I love buckwheat! (and this one too) Next I flipped through the newest Vogue issue. Uninspired. Except that I guess seeing all the "behind the scenes" "au naturale" life photos inspired me to go behind-the-scenes of my own life and trot over to the kitchen, take a second cup of my new favorite delicious coffee


and then opened up my browswer to blogger.com to start typing away the thoughts and book in my head. Everyone's an influencer these days. Everyone is spewing their life and minutia and thoughts on the world. Using up energy, space, data centers, heating up the earth. (So why not me?) Thus, here we are. That's all. For now.