Thursday, December 04, 2014

Just do it. Inspired.

Over the last week I've gotten quite a few "likes" in response to an article about me on the about.me website. The article is a nice one, if I may say so myself, and is more about my personal life since I had my wildly successful business in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Something's been shifting in me as a result. I think having this article, something professional, be out there is helping me close a gap between my professional and personal lives. Before I tried really hard to keep them separate. And this split served me for a while, but doesn't anymore.

Perhaps because I'm not living any sort of professional life at the moment. So I feel I have nothing to contribute to the world. My life is mostly consumed with my personal affairs: my son, his school, shopping, and other household administration tasks that any mother in Paris is confronted with.*

Having this article, and people's acceptance, approval, and admiration of it out there in the cyber sphere, is helping me touch into a validation, a self-esteem, an "hey-I-AM-awesome" cord I hadn't touched for a long time. Perhaps never. Because this time, this validation is for who I am today and not for what I've done.

And so, as a result, all of this is coming together to help me feel that inner, quiet confidence and strength to just keep doing what I do so well. To just keep going. To just DO.

To just write. And write. And write. (and to continue everything else I'm doing.)

So, I'm going to take a stab and commit to writing something every day here. Some snapshot into my life in Paris. Some glimpse into a struggle, into a conflict, into a victory, into a joy. Something. I've no idea where this is going to take me, but I'll trust I'm being guided by God, and buoyed by friends.

*I know I shouldn't end a sentence with "with" but I don't want to get hung up on this stuff yet.