Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh Chanel!

Yesterday I was walking down Avenue Montaigne...

Normally I just walk with my head turned sideways, eagerly taking in the latest in high fashion as I pass Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel, Fendi, Valentino and Ralph Lauren.

This day, though, I could not help but stop and backtrack after I'd whizzed by Chanel. I stopped to look at these remarkable diamond-encrusted watches. I couldn't believe my eyes. I even paused for a moment to actually consider what it would feel like to have one of these resting on my wrist.

In the past I wouldn't stop and gaze at such decadent finery because I knew one of those lovelies would never be in my future. Plus such as my life is, I think my practical side would refuse something like this, opting for a car or something more useful!

I took my time and looked at each one, imagining them on my neck, wrist, fingers... I suppose it was a bit of a Breakfast at Tiffany's opening scene moment...

And then I got to the end of the window, and like a child at Christmastime gazing at department store animated windows, my fantasy broke and I was back out on the street, albeit a very nice and pretty street!